Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Yeah Baby!

Okay, so strangest month of my life! There's a reason why I haven't been updating after the doctors appointment, and here is why...

I'M PREGNANT!!!!


So here's the crazy story...

We went to the doctor on Monday, August 9 to talk about starting the clomid medication. Before going back to speak with my doctor, the nurse (who again, I ADORE) weighed me and asked if there was any reason to do a pregnancy test. I had convinced myself that there was NO reason to do one, so I told her no. However, Brandon was standing right there and told her that we needed to do one just to be safe. So anyway, after I glared at Brandon and the nurse decided he was right, I peed in a cup (always a challenge) and went on our happy way. When we got into the room to "wait for the doctor" my nurse turned around and looked at me really funny. I got really nervous because of how she was acting. Finally she looked at us and said "Well, Lauren, I'm really glad that I came into work today. And Brandon, I'm really glad that YOU are here today...because holy sh*t, you're pregnant!!!" (yes, she literally cussed like that, hahah). I looked at her and said "huh?" like any smart person would, so she repeated herself. Of course, I burst into tears.

So anyway, after many hugs and "are you serious" comments from me and Brandon, Dr. Gee came in and gave me a huge hug and we "celebrated". They scheduled me for an ultrasound, and we did that 10 minutes later. Turns out I was right at about 6 weeks pregnant! I had NO CLUE! I was convinced that only fertility treatments were going to work! They drew a bunch of blood, gave me vitamins and sent me and the most shocked husband in the world home....of course we went straight to my parents house and told them!

As far as symptoms at that point, I was just really tired and NOT HUNGRY at all! I couldn't eat anything...I just didn't want it. About a week later the nausea kicked in and I was puking up to 12 times a day...awesome when you teach high school kids, right?! haha!

Anyway, I went back for my last appointment on August 26 (two days before my birthday) and we heard the heartbeat. The babies heart rate is the perfect number, my blood pressure was perfect, and blood work was perfect! I haven't had any bleeding of any sort, so we're good to go! :) Symptoms have subsided a bit. I don't puke as much, but certain scents make me gag. My appetite has picked back up, and I'm trying to eat all the fresh fruits and veggies I can! My clothes still fit okay (not great, but good enough for now), but I have already started stocking up on maternity clothes if I see a good deal.

I will update later this weekend about how we told our families...it was awesome! Also, I will tell y'all how my students reacted...My next appointment is the last Thursday of this month! yay!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Lauren! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to read more baby updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was out picking stuff up and I had to send Steve a text, "Is it okay if I spend some money on Lauren's baby?" Yeah, I was all "OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLAURRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNSHAVINNNNNNNNNNNG A BABY! stevennnnnnn lauren is PREGO.... STEVEN ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME.(he rolls his eyes).. LAUUUUURRREEEEENNNNNNNNN DE IS HAVING A BABY!!!!!!"
    "...I already knew." he gives me attitude ..
    "And you didn't TELL MEEEE? Who the hell do you think you are?!"

    ReplyDelete