Sunday, November 28, 2010

REALLY bad at this...ugh!

Okay, I admit I'm really bad at updating the blog. But ever since I got a "smart phone" I hardly ever use the home computer! Anyway, here's the latest...

We went to find out what we were having, and boy was it a fun day! I took the day off of work and relaxed and caught up on some cleaning. I met Brandon, my mom and his mom (who drove up from Charleston) and we headed up to the doctors office! We took last minute bets on what the baby was going to be, and it was pretty evenly split! We waited about 15 minutes, then when back into the ultrasound room. The tech was super nice and fun, and she began to do all the measurements. Everything measured out perfectly (a week ahead, at that...so my due date is changing!). Then she asked us if we wanted to know what the baby was....well DUH! So we told her that we did....and then the baby would NOT move. Seriously, the baby would flip over, but not the right way for us to see what it was!

After about 18 minutes, she was finally able to tell us the wonderful news...IT'S A GIRL! So our little Ansley Taylor is already stubborn just like her momma...:) My tummy was really bruised and sore after the ultrasound, but it was alllll worth it! We had so much fun telling everyone the exciting news! The best was my niece Eliza...she's been predicting "girl" since I was six weeks along! How's that for good guessing!

A lot of people have been asking us where we got the name Ansley Taylor from....as some of you may know, in 2002, my older cousin Allison was killed in a car accident. She was two years older than me, and we were incredibly close...it's still SO hard for me to go through all of life's fun experiences without her around. Not a day goes by when I don't think about her, and not a moment goes by with out me seeing her presence in everyday miracles! In fact, I SWEAR she has something to do with this miracle baby! At any rate, I decided a long time ago that if I were to ever be blessed enough to have a little girl, I wanted to honor Allison's memory by using her first initial and middle name. As I was thinking of "A" names, it occurred to me that Brandon would probably like a say-so in the naming process! :) So we began brainstorming family names from both sides...I then remembered that his mom's middle name was Ann! How perfect! An "A" name...but I wanted it to have a little more "spunk" so we combined it with Brandon's middle name...Lee...and there you have it, Ansley Taylor!

We are so blessed by this little girl, and simply can NOT wait for her to be here. So far we have purchased and put together the crib, and we are using Brandon's cradle from when he was a baby. We have purchased 2 big boxes of diapers from Sams Club and we have painted the nursery. My Aunt Terri made a beautiful picture board for us, and I can't wait to hang it! Also, our friend Bre made us a gorgeous quilt with lambs and stars on it...it's seriously amazing! The nursery should be done in the next two weeks, and I PROMISE I will post pictures as soon as I can!

Morning sickness is still around, though not as much...still can't handle pork or a lot of meat...but I force it down for the protein factor. Ansley loves to play trampoline on my bladder, and also loves to STOP moving as soon as Brandon enters the room! She's already such a ham! My next appointment is in a week and a half, then the appointment after that I get to experience the joys of the glucose test. woooo-hooooo!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the name! Don't worry about not eating pork or anything...I haven't had pork or chicken since May...I am hoping I can stomach it in January once this pregnancy is over! You can get protein from lots of other things so don't stress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to NOT stress about everything! With it all being new, I just want to make sure I'm "normal"! haha....by the way Georgia Grace's nursery is AWESOME! So beautiful...and I love the mural!

    ReplyDelete